Thursday, November 6, 2008

Introduction, Where are we going?

Part 1: What do I know about my topic…?

First off, I know that I am interested in my topic. I think not knowing everything about my topic is an asset because it would give me the drive to look it up.

Things I DO know:

Democrats believe in bigger government/larger spending from the center is better for the overall health of the country. Republicans believe that smaller central government, less spending (basically you reap what you sow) leads to the American dream. I know I’m somewhere in the middle and I want to use this blog as a personal search into what I truly believe in. I know that I am usually fiscally, I’m more conservative. However, I am usually more liberal in my social views.

Basically, what I know...is what I want to personally get out of my own research.

Part 2: What is researchable about my topic?

Every issue is researchable. I can get my topic from either what somebody has said, or I can read laws from every level (and have an opinion. It seems there are unlimited resources because it seems everybody has an opinion.

So, where do we go from here? First, the elections have passed so I want to focus of post election topics. Passed referendums, amendments, possible political career moves, and friendly debates are all fair game in this world. So, gear up, get ready and I can’t wait to hear your feedback!

1 comment:

Julie P.Q. said...

I wonder, why is it that the Bush administration strayed so far from the general tenets of small government/less spending? Do you think that, after this election especially, that the Republican party is in a reorganizing/
reevaluating phase? I'd love to learn more about how those old mottos/mantras of the parties fit into today's Democratic-Republican categories.